Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend is upon us!!!!!

What's up world!! It's your man D Natural back again to with updates on this crazy adventure I call my life...

Things have been going really well. Can't complain to much. Tomorrow will mark my first week in the my new home which has been great. I just met one of my roommates and he seemed like a real cool guy. I ran into another one of my roommates last night, but I was kinda drunk and just was barely able to mumble my bad cuz I thought I had ran into him in the hallway. LOL But I got a real good vibe from him too. We all do our own thing and work so everybody's been getting along so far. I hope it stays that way. As you know with great opportunity comes great responsibility. I've been making some great connections with artist to submit my beats too. I am happy to say that one of those artist Puneet Prasad, has selected one of my beats called "Krazzy" for his next album!!! He requested more from me with a certain type of sound so I gotta get to work on those this weekend. On top of that I'm really really close to getting a track placed with Kokayi, a very talented producer/emcee out of the DC area as well. It's some uptempo rockish type stuff for him. I'm kinda fustrated with myself because the guitar I have is not the guitar I really wanna use for what I am doin but it'll have to work. I'm gonna record some live guitar riffs and lines to mix into the tracks that he likes. The problem is that I dont have a overdrive/distortion pedal that you need to get that rock/heavy metal tone. I used to have a whole set up of that stuff for my guitar but add to sell it. Now that's something I see I'm going have to add to my bag of tricks again. Now I do have access to a distortion type sound I can get off my console I use to record my songs but it sucks!! But you know, I have to work with what I got. Situations like this just force you to be more creative and to get the song to how is supposed to sound. I can get a used overdrive pedal but that wouldnt be until next week and Kokayi needs the final versions of beats by this weekend. So I'm gonna have to hustle to wrap it up and have them sent to him by noon tomorrow. I don't think they will turn out that bad. I'm gonna have to just make it work and I WILL! This is my dream and I can't blow my opportunity. In the music biz or any biz u have to do what u have to do to get ahead and be successful. If u have to walk 3 or 5 miles to get to a business meeting or get a tool u need for a project then that's what u have to do. I'm no stranger to doing things like that so I'm ready for the challenge!!! It's just part of the grind and I understand that....I just really want this collab with him to come out dope. I get a track with this renowned, respected, Grammy nominated artist and it can only lead to other doors being opened. It thrilled me when he said I have solid work and that he will be sitting with my tracks this weekend and make a decision then. So tonite as soon as I get off of work @5 Imma get back home and get to work. I have to be up early tommorrow for choir rehearsal so I use the wifi at the Mcdonalds by the church and e-mail him the final versions and hope he satisfied....I'll let you know what happens so wish me luck. Then I have to record the vox for my next single which will be called "Guestlist". It's a more upbeat party joint, something for the clubs!! Be on the lookout for that. Then I'll release a few more single then the whole album which I might do as a pay what u want project on my Band Camp website.

So that's about it for now. Prolly leaving some other good things out but don't worry, I'll let you know what's good when I know what's good myself! I'm barely keepin my head above water and makin a way when I can, like the Good Times theme song saids!!! This weekend should be as relaxing as is productive because its a 3 day weekend and although I have to work on my music business, I plan on getting rest and tending to my mind and body! It's is definitely easier to have peace and relaxtions when u no longer live with relatives that annoy the fcuk out of you!!!!!!! LOL Until the next, be safe, be happy, be active, be successful!!!

D Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment