Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Poem for K. C.


What's up world! It's your man D-Natural back again! It's been awhile since I've posted a poem. I've decided for the next couple of blogs to post some of unreleased poems straight out of the vault. This one I bring to you today was written for a co-worker at my old job. She was in a very bad relationship with her child's father. I would hear stories and even saw for myself, how he was abuse her, mistreat her, and just put her through alot of stress. Upon seeing her down one day, while I was at my desk in the office, I wrote this poem for her to brighten her spirits. And really, I dedicated this poem to all the woman out there in abusive relationships or just don't feel empowered. The relationship may be with your man, your family, your friend, whatever. The relationship maybe emotionally abusive, physically abusive, or both. This like all my poems I share here was written outta love. Enjoy and be inspired.....

"Poem for K.C."

By: D-Natural

The voice of God within me
compels me to release
these words of my soul
in this piece
for your peace


my emotions run wild
like deer in the Everglades
with sympathy for your sorrows
moving my pen
to flow
in this manuscript
of empowerment


princess
queen destined for greatness
let that which holds you back
be your sword and armor
to battle
weak tyrants
addicted  to preying
on your core


direct your energy
to the universe that equals you


want more of
what you already have inside
mother of creation
birthing nations
with your influence
creating tomorrows soldiers


set the foundation
to reign supreme
over that which is your birthright

claim that which is your dominion
useless tears do nothing
but dilute the purity
that is your concious


excuse me
for being moved
by your mood
hoping to be your muse
helping to bring back your happiness


hustle for glory
knowledge of self
and self respect
you matter


delight all humanity
with each beautiful smile


laugh  and be proud
of your    radiance


be the queen
that is
you

No comments:

Post a Comment