Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hail to the Redskins!! Hail Victory!!



Hail to the Redskins!! Hail Victory!!


Yo! What’s good world?! It’s your man D-Natural back with words, sounds, and more! Before I get into it, I just wanna give a shoutout to my Washington Redskins, who defeated the Dallas Cowboys in the season opener! For those that don’t know, I’ve been a Redskins fan pretty much my whole life. I’ve always rooted for our home team. I’ve even been a fan during the not so great seasons; all the way back to when making the Super Bowl for us wasn’t a problem, the Joe Gibbs era. I was at the very first game they played when they moved to FedEx Field from the old RFK stadium. The Cowboys have always been are top rivals, so this win felt good. Hopefully they can keep building momentum from this win and carry on into the playoffs. That would be great! Time shall tell, but in the meantime, congrats to the Washington Redskins and my fellow fans for a victory! I rarely get to watch TV these days being that I’m always grinding or doing music. I’ll still keep an eye for my boys just to see how they are doing…

These days are soooo tiring on your man. It’s seems like when I try to say to myself, “Hey, just stop for a second and take a break! Step back from business and chill!” I find a way to psyche myself out and say “No, keep grinding!” It’s funny because it’s so hard for me to sometimes separate business from pleasure being that the very things I do for business happen to be things I LOVE! Things like making music, writing, collaborating, setting up websites, marketing, promoting, working in the studio, performing, closing business deals, etc… That’s why I think more and more people should begin to do what they love for a living and make their passion their profit. When you do that, you’ll find that you won’t look at business as work because you enjoy and love it so much. It’s partly for this reason, I can’t wait until I can focus on nothing but the music business fulltime. I’d never have to work for someone else and punch a time clock on a set work schedule. I’m working the 9-5 job now, but my creativity and spirit are so free, I feel it’s only a matter of time before I break the confines of this office or corporate America. However, we are indeed products of a capitalistic society. You got to have a constant flow of loot to stay alive these days. We have to deal with the economy, inflation, the cost of living etc… It can get chaotic and believe me if you can’t stay afloat of the madness, the rat race, you are going to drown.

In my particular case, the very art that is coming out of me (whether it be my music or poetry, is my response to these crazy times of struggling, hustling, just trying to be successful. It’s nice to know that it is also this very art that is helping to sustain me as a productive citizen in society, as well as just being a human being in general. If I didn’t have a way to release the flood of creativity in me at times, I really think I would go insane! You see this creative ability can be a gift and a curse. All the true musicians, artist, writers know what I’m talking about. Your creative mind can drive you crazy!! I know mines does!! It’s like my mind is a 24/7 iPod constantly streaming music non-stop, whether it’s my own or someone else’s! I ALWAYS have music, verses, lyrics going in my head. I’ve gotten used to it over the years but it can be very annoying. Sometimes it can be very peaceful. It all depends. Certain moods bring certain musical feelings, words, lyrics. It’s as though I’m a slave to the art and it will always be a dominating force in how I live life. My music and poetry is a direct reflection of my reality. My interpretation of my soul’s language is the best way I think I can explain it. For those of you that have been raised in the Christian Baptist style type of church, have witnessed people speaking in tongues. For those that are not familiar, this is when a person who is filled with the presence of God, starts to speak in a language unknown to know one but them. It is said that this is the language of their soul being spoken, a spiritual language. I really do think I do this, being that I see creating as a spiritual thing as well. Except my souls language comes in the form of my beats, my music, improvising while performing live on stage, my poetry, just my different modes of self expression. I feel I’m communicating what my soul is speaking that I can’t always put into words, so I put it into sound form in hopes that it will be felt by another person’s soul, creating some type of higher level communication…

Until the next time, stay tuned for more words, sounds, and other special treats I will be sharing!! As always keep the faith and keep chasing your dreams!

D-Natural, Artistic Visions Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment