Monday, October 8, 2012

Poetry Slam October 3rd . .



What's good beautiful people? D-Natural here with another page out the chronicles of my life !

October has been very fun indeed, as I expected ! My album the Sigh of Relief EP has been out just about 2 months & has been thrilling me with great feedback ! Plus the icing on the cake so far as been that I somehow won a poetry slam among so many talented poets here in the Virginia area !! The above photo is of the MC for the event . It was an awesome evening and I still can't believe I won 1st prize !!!

Special Guest Poets & Slam Judges of Evening, Breeze "ILifeThis" & Roscoe B.
These gentleman pictured above killed it !!! They were some extremely talented poets from the Richmond, Virginia Area , Breeze & Roscoe B. ! Check them out on Bandcamp.com !! You won't be disappointed ! They also acted as part of the group judging the competition for the evening .

I was glad to be amongst such talent in the Virginia area ! I of course was representing for the Maryland area   , but still glad to be amongst gifted people in the DMV period !! We are some of the most talented individuals in the world, in my opinion !

The poetry slam took place at one of the campuses of the college that I am attending. It was fun indeed ! Over a dozen poets competed & there were 3 rounds of each poet delivering an original piece .

The slam was in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month .






The Lovely Audience 



Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of myself when I got on the mic to perform . I will next time . But I did get video of myself reciting my poems & accepting my prize along with the other very talented winners of the evening !! I look forward to sharing that with you all very soon . !!

So as you can see October has been fun for me indeed ! I am currently working on my next EP entitled "Ceteris Paribus" , which I hope to have out within the next week or 2 !! Once again I change my production style up from playing the instruments & sampling myself to chopping up records ! So on this record you guys can expect to hear how I sound diggin in the creates & coming with my words in rhyme of course .

The usual passionate workaholic I am when it comes to my music, I'm also creating & releasing another EP which is a darker type of record from me yet with a very party type of feel . This EP is untitled as of now .

Along with more releases of my poetry & music, October looks to be a very fun productive month for me as usual !!

Stay Tuned for my next blogs which will feature selections from my upcoming EPs, original poetry, & much more !!

I just want to thank everyone for their support !! The love & results I have been getting are just simple amazing !!

Much love & peace & blessings to everyone ... Til the next time , keep the faith & keep chasing your dreams ..

D-natural, Artistic Visionz Productions





No comments:

Post a Comment