Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Evolving . . . . (Part I)


What's up world ?!?

Once again, D-Natural here with another installment of my chronicles. As you know, my blog here not only focuses on my music and my poetry but my life in general. Even with my Twitter and my other online domiciles, I always try to inject as much of who I am as a person as I can, for that is exactly where my art comes from, my life. Usually when I visit most artist's social media accounts or sites, I would be bombarded with links to their music, videos, tour dates, and so forth. While this is cool, it always left me wanting to learn more about the artist themselves and their world behind the scenes. I didn't have or want to know everything about the artist but just enough to know that they are actually human and may be actually going through some of the things I was. I've learned that people are actually interested in the personal lives of the artists they dig, especially in real-time if possible. That's what makes reality shows and talk shows so successful, because people do really want to know about what public figures go through in their personal lives. Of course you can learn a lot about who an artist is by actually listening to or watching their work, but even in those cases one might still desire to know more.

It is for this very reason that for this particular post, I've decided to just speak on my evolution as a man as well as an artist during the first half of this year. All of this will be reflected in my upcoming work as well but being that I'm not quite ready to release that material just yet, I would just like to share some of my other thoughts with you as well. For those who been following me for awhile, you know I have no problem with keeping everything transparent and giving you all of me, hence the title of my blog here: Poetry, Beats, Rhymes, AND Life (partly inspired by the Tribe Called Quest album of the same name), which is exactly what my brand is about and what you will always experience from it.

As I type this, I'm listening to a classic album called Plantation Lullabies by DC's very own Me'Shell NdegeOcello while sipping on some chamomile tea. Lately I've taken a break from writing and composing my new material to do some soul searching while learning about what's really going on in the world. Being the avid researcher I am, I blocked out everything and everyone (which wasn't hard being that I tend to be an extremely private/isolated person anyway) to just educate myself on several topics. These topics included astro-theology, the government, and the music industry. As I reflect on what I've been through personally this year and the lessons I've learned, what I have uncovered is too vast to put in this one post, but let's just say my mind has been BLOWN AWAY and I will never look at things the same again. One thing I can say is that I am a lot more hip to this matrix we all live in and trust me we are in a matrix. We must all AWAKEN to what's going on around us and unite RIGHT NOW because if we don't we are truly headed in a bad direction very soon. I plan to aid this shift with the messages in my art, which is the best I feel I can offer of myself besides actually volunteering in certain capacities.

I tend to be so buried in my work without trying to be distracted with the results, that when I do take time to analyze these results (which is necessary for my business and brand) I am shocked at the progress I am actually making. To think, several years ago, when I came up with the name for my production company Artistic Visionz Productions (which actually comes from my last name Artis) I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I just knew I had the talent and the experience musically/creatively to go the distance, if I gave it my ALL. It seems like it was yesterday when I was trying to figure out how I was going to map everything out for my brand online, which was around the time when social media was just beginning. It would prove to be perfect timing. I had made a decision to start out at a time when things were changing rapidly with digital technology and within the music industry, which is still having to make adjustments while things are becoming more to the artist's advantage.

Today it's crazy to see what I've managed to accomplish since that time period, although I still really haven't accomplished that much or nowhere near where I'm going with it all. What is even more amazing is that I've been an one man staff the whole entire time. I can truly say that everything that people have seen, heard, read from me has been solely created by my hands from my music, albums, websites etc.. I just got used to figuring it all out and executing it on my own (although it would be nice to have my own staff eventually). It's very hard to get folks in the music industry to give you advice or even respond to you, especially those individuals at the higher levels in the industry such as executives, which I have had the pleasure of encountering. However, it was only through my diligence and relentless passion that I've attracted these individuals as well as connected with my beautiful fans, which I rather call my family.

This chamomile tea and the smooth vibes of this beautiful record by Ms. NdegeOcello is finally making me feel a little sleepy, so I'll continue this in my next blog post sometime this week.

Until the next time, keep the faith and keep chasing your dreams!

OneLove

D-Natural





 

2 comments:

  1. A really fine and compelling story! Contrary to the usual assumptions, online sites are human things, in that they are spontaneous and organic expressions of our agency, as well as our tendency to comprehend and conceive. Social media has grown so much that it already has its own sets of paradigms and rules. Ultimately, it's in mastering those rules that we truly understand and appreciate the state of humanity in our time and the art of it all.

    Michelle Pittman @ Maverick Web Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent!! we want more, we want more!

    ReplyDelete