Friday, July 4, 2014

Freedom

What's up world?!?

Being that today is known as Independence Day in the USA. I recognize that not everyone can celebrate an Independence Day and not everyone was even free or independent on what is known as Independence Day. So from there I began to think of  "freedom" as just a concept. I remember the pretty sister from that movie "Slam" with Saul Williams, saying that you can be free anytime you want. So what is freedom? That inspired this piece I just finished writing called "Freedom". Just me scribbling some random thoughts as usual. New ebooks coming soon!

OneLove


Freedom

By: D-Natural

Being an outcast
I'm not popular
I don't have a crew
around me

I can't attract
designing women
because I didn't
invest in slave camps
that manufactured
the new Jordans

and I'm decked out in apparel
from four years ago
now they getting hip
and calling that retro

you won't see me at tonight's party
with misguided queens
twerking on me

instead

I'll be with one
who knows
I am intellectually sexy
rubbing my back
as I solve complex equations

Independence
in each breath
I am granted
and not being
reminded from family
how much of
a failure I am
because my phone is on
airplane mode
and I can't receive
their calls

renting a room
not having a mortgage
or paying property tax
on land I farmed and built
just to say I am a homeowner

remembering when I used to scan
my finger
to clock in at work
for a boss
to delight in being
the dictator of my soul

living below my means
not buying designer genes
rewiring my DNA
to love debt

not chasing relationships
content with self-investment
but it's a challenge
and I've learned
the lonely nights
were just an illusion
because I couldn't see
my ancestors present
as they turn-up
and celebrate
rejoicing me
working silently
ushering the next revolution

fresh set of eyes
to decode
matrix programming
inventing a new
form of DOS
through coded language
that conscious
mind computers
can break down

and it's hard
to escape lust
when thick tender thighs
are headed my direction
conjuring up my homie
explaining yesterday's erotic conquest
but knowing
restraining myself
will be worth it
when I find queens
that can rock my world
spiritually and mentally
for mind orgasms last
way longer

so I'll continue
to seek truth
uncovering what I already knew

which was

free your mind
so your ass can follow
the kingdom of heaven
is within
 

No comments:

Post a Comment