Thursday, January 14, 2010

God Bless Haiti and God Bless Us All

Greetings Everyone!

Man, this week has sure been a bitter and fustrating. As I type this, I am in major pain. You see when I was in the Navy I fractured my top left shin bone or tibia when I hyperextended it going up for a rebound in a game of basketball. That was the reason I had to leave the Navy. This happened back in 06 and it has not healed right over the years. It is still fractured now. Even though I can walk on it, it still gives me great problems. I have been seeing a doctor for it, but so far they don't think an operation is needed. It is not a great feeling at all trust me. Then to make a bad week even worse, the earthquake happened in Haiti, which is a major tradgedy. I hope we as a country and others can get as much help to them as possible. I myself plan to donate what I can, when I find a place I would like to give through. I'm going to pray for everyone involved in that crisis that they get through this. To add to a growing list of things making me mad lately, my peeps are getting on my nerves. They always get on my nerves, but lately it has been ridiculous. Now maybe some of it I brought on myself, but I know for sure not all of it. You would think for somebody that has a broken leg and still trying to do the chores they demand, they would give a brother a break. But no, they think I can just get around with a problem. So of course they make me go up and down the steps to do various things, and act like they don't realize the extra pain they put me through for no reason. Maybe they really just don't care. I don't know. I know one thing though, enough is enough. I got to get the hell up out of there. I need to be alone, so I don't have to deal with anybody but myself. On top of that I doing my very best to fight off sickness. I'm doing a pretty good job so far, but the symptoms of a cold our trying to worsen. I rarely get sick and I cannot afford to be right now. Being sick slows you down and depletes your energy. I need all of that I can get to keep me moving and surviving around here. I am determined to get a few songs recorded. I got back in touch with another producer buddy of mine, Jared Fite, the one and only ThunderBird Juicebox. I encourage all of you guys to look him up and check him out. He is an awesome producer with great music that will get you breakin in no time. I know he's going to go on and do big things. So we had been talking about him doing the mastering of all my songs for my EP and he was excited to lend a hand. We had been playing phone tag for a minute but I chatted with him briefly on Facebook before he went to work. I will be giving him a call tonite after he gets off. I know we got alot to catch up about. That one phone call right there might be the highlight of my whole week. The reason being that we are both music nerds who can spend all day talking about the business, producing, other artist and equipment. It's always fun talking with him about these things and I always learn something new. He has a little more experience in the business so far than I do and he's getting connected with alot of key people. I love living vicariously through the adventures and situation he gets himself. I respect him alot and glad to be connected with him. I know we are gonna collab on alot of good music. I'm glad I'll be chopping it up with him because I need something positive to brighten up my gloomy mood. It's just a combination of mess that I have been trying to not let eat at me, but sometime certain things just push my buttons. Anyone who is in to praying, please pray for a brother because I'm going through it. I know things can be worse, but they also can be better too. Then I just heard my man Gilbert got charged with a felony which means his NBA days are most likely over. I am really mad at that!! He is one of my favorites ever as I have mentioned in the previous blog.

Well I hate to end this one on a bitter note but hey, that's life. Until the next time, take care and keep hope alive because I'm sure gonna try... Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment