Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What's happening people!?

It's your man D Natural here, just checking in with y'all to update you on this chaos I call my life, lol. I hope everyone out there is doing alright, maintaining and getting business taken care of. I sure am trying to do the same thing. My homeboy Brandon was understanding me when I was talking about how crazy things can get when your trying to get so much accomplished. I explained to him how I really want to get this first solo project done by the end of February and how fustrated I was that I have not been able to complete things lately when I want to complete them. I do believe he was right when he responded that I have to pace myself. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day and good things do take time to create. The last thing I want to do is rush the rest of this recording project. I really do have to pace myself. I'm still proud of myself for getting things taken care of lately though.

I've managed to pay off some of this debt I have by getting caught up with student loans, paying off other loans completely as well as staying on top of current bills. I still have some ways to go to pay all this stuff off though because I was careless with my income a few years back while in the military. So now I am in the process of building my credit back up and all that jazz. I'm really intent on getting caught up on as much of these little debts I racked up as possible. The reason being that I'm trying to set myself up prior to moving into my own place, so that I don't have many things I owe on moneywise. When I make that move, where ever I make my bachelor pad, I plan on staying there for awhile and not getting kicked out. I've been homeless before and I ain't going back to that crap. I've been taking care of whatever business I can and I do happily expect my credit score to increase in about a few months. It has went up a little bit recently which has also made me very happy. I remember how it used to look and let's just say I was truly ashamed. With that said, I'm still finding ways to give what I have to help others as well. On Wednesday I will be helping a friend out by giving them some money to help with a situation that they're in. It feels good to give. I'm a big fan and student of Russell Simmonds who said's in his book Do You! that you become a good getter when you become a good giver. I am simply sowing some good karma into my future. After all, this is a new year with new beginnings and I very focused on being successful in all areas of my life.

For those of you that don't know, my birthday is this month on the 25th and I will be 26. I am excited to be having a birthday celebration with my homegirl Keemoy whose birthday is a couple days before mine. We've decided to throw a party with all our friends together. So far the guest list is looking pretty good. Atleast 50 people are attending with more possibly on the way. It's really gonna be exciting being that we posted the party on Facebook. Alot of old friends I've connected with recently are coming to the party and some of them I haven't seen in over 15 years. I'm gonna have people I haven't seen since elementary, middle, and high school as well as college. It's truly gonna be a night to remember. You know your boy is gonna be looking fly and at my best. I haven't been to a good party in awhile so I'm looking to really let loose and party like a rockstar.

Speaking of Facebook, I recently chatted on there with someone from No Bull Radio which is an online radio that plays indie and underground music. Not only will they play my music but they also want an interview with me to get the word out about what I do. I'm so excited to work with them to make this happen. It just motivates me to get this first project wrapped up so I can debut my music on their radio station! As far as writing and recording, I've made some progress in the writing of songs. I'm more confortable in how to approach each song and how the structure of the songs gonna flow. This week I should be able to knock out some songs with no problem being that I don't to be at choir rehearsal. You see this week is Men's week and when the Men's choir sing someone else plays. It's the only Sunday out the month when I don't play. So you know I'm really glad I don't have to be there tonite or Thursday. I can use that time as well other times to record, and I will. As I said earlier, look for at least one link for one song on here that I will upload from the solo project.

Well that's about all that's really crackin right now. I'll be putting more pics up as well as other stuff on here so stay tuned and I won't dissapoint. Until next time, stay safe and keep the faith!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment