Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hard Work Pay$ Off > > !


What’s good world! It’s your favorite music producer D-Natural back for more updates and insights!






First, I hope everyone enjoyed my latest poem that I posted on here a few days ago. I had that laying around in one of my books and I had forgotten I wrote it (which happens quite often). One of the best feelings an artist can get, is when they find something of theirs that they forgot they created, read or hear it again and surprise themselves. That’s what happened with my latest poem. As soon as I found it, I did a little editing and just had to share it with you all. Sometimes I get so caught up in the music and that part of me, I forget about the writer side of me and all the works I’ve created. This blog is dedicated to the poetry/writing as well as music. So I’m going to continue to give it to you all. If you guys would like to comment with a topic that you want me to write about, I accept the challenge! As I had intended to do at the beginning of the year, I still plan on releasing my first spoken word poetry album. Just haven’t decided when. I’ll keep you posted though.



As for my music business, I am happy to say things are steadily picking up and opportunities are coming in to spread my work literally all over the world! Looks like Artistic Visionz Productions is going worldwide!! I’ve been giving the opportunity to remix a song for promotional use, for a group out of Canada. I reveal more details to that when I’m about ready to release it. I’ve also come across a dope lyricist out of the UK, who can hold his own on the mic. I’ve long had the desire now to work with an artist out of Europe and now I have my chance. This week I am going to get started on working on the type of beats he request from me, so we will see how that goes. I have sold my first batch of soul music in a long time to a client I have in Texas. I’m still excited and happy that I accomplished that. I still plan on submitting more material for their album so I’ll let you know what I manage to cook up for them and I’ll even share some of that with you here! Also a short mix which includes the song called Krazzy I produced by dj Pun and crew was just released. If you click on my Facebook profile to the right, you will see the ReverbNation link my page that you can click on and hear this. I also will be sharing with you the full song and other great songs by dj Pun and his collective GRIL!!! Google them!!



Aside from creating, my skills on the business side of things are sharpening by the minute!! I mentioned here before that I manage myself and that I’m learning as I go along. I do my research, find out what needs to be done, and I just go for it!! Even though this has been a lot of hard work and can get very crazy, I am delighted at the opportunities I have afforded myself. A good friend of mine and a hell of a producer, Jared Fite aka Thunderbird Juicebox (Google him now!), recently told me in a conversation that it seems as though I have an online presence. This really excited me, because even though I know I’ve been doing the little things to get attention online, you really can’t measure your impact on your audience until you get confirmation like I did from Jared and others that I’m definitely being noticed!! I’m only getting started with my campaign, so plan on seeing a lot more of me around the net!! I still have a lot more to learn but when you’re in the middle and business is coming at you, if you want it bad enough, you’ll figure what you have to do to secure that business and grow your brand!!



I’ll post another blog later on this week, but for now here’s a little insight as to what’s happening now. Stay tuned for more music, poetry and the crazy adventures of

D-Natural!! Keep the faith and keep chasing your dreams! Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment