Friday, August 17, 2012

Laments Of An Artist


What's good everyone ?

I was watching the movie "Amadeus" that I checked out at the public library recently . The movie portrays Mozart as an extraordinarily talented young man, which he was. However it also portrays him as a mad man...

I've been reflecting on myself as an artist lately. My work, whether it is my poetry or my music is an integral part of who I am . In fact, outside of that, it's really hard for me to even distinguish other facets of my being. I used to take to Twitter and share with the world my life as I lived it. I revealed insights into my personal life which yields my work. For my life is the catalyst for my how my talents are channeled and presented to the world. I didn't see other artists doing such a thing on their timelines, and wanted to be one of the very few that took a different approach in how I presented myself on mines along with my music/poetry. But now I see why other artist don't . .

I've learned that I can no longer do things that way. However, I have learned that through my music/poetry, I can still reveal such personal perspectives, but reveal them there and there only.

Watching the movie "Amadeus", I related alot to the character of Mozart as portrayed in the film. Whether Mozart was like that in real life, I do not know . I do know that us musicians/poets/artists, do have our quirks about us that can raise the eye brows of our fellow man every now & then  (as I'm sure I did when I used to tweet like I did) .

I was inspired by the image of a mad artist and paused the movie to write this poem . .

"Laments Of An Artist"

By: D-Natural

So bold
a sober soul
who creates with the intent
of repentance
through scores of his genius

glorify his mind
for it has been purposely crucified several times
in sync with his life

making his pen
cry at his hearts whim
possibly confusing ones who don't listen to their hearts within

But reaching ones who understand his intelligence
removed from loved ones who pity his indecent
understanding to their reality
through his creations questioning the irony

and it's easy
for those unknown to living with such ability
to interpret God's beauty

They judge him for not living normally
But how normal can he be
when he has the responsibility 

of handling God's gifts
like taming several wild spirits dueling in his abyss
to be freed
to enlighten the world's mysteries

How he must deal with the task
of constantly consuming contents from heaven's flask
to express the intoxication
through his imagination

They can't fathom
what's not revealed to them

talents only bestowed
to those who know
instinctively to go
to places hidden
to the average human

you might call him a mutant

certain visions
divinely chosen 

for his psyche 
so that only he can conjure up art that suits man perfectly




1 comment:

  1. cut 12 pure 9th wonder.....classic shit already!!!go get it!

    ReplyDelete