Thursday, August 23, 2012

Opinion

(this is dedicated to my family)

It is not up to me
to decipher why I’m so indifferently
opposed to how you think I should be
I’m just being me


You haven’t lived my reality
Walked in my shoes
to your feet bruised
with clues of my greatness
living underneath my uniqueness


With that said
your opinion is oblivious


Greet me with smiles
and gestures suggesting
a love or embrace clever
so I never
would think
that behind my back you talk about me like my soul stinks


My soul is the concoction
of life seasoned with experience
past and present
with a certain genius
that skips generations
for those who can carry out certain missions
with the right intentions


I was born with a soul like this


As I grew up in it


I experienced teasing
for the being articulate in meaning
and seeing things differently
yet clinging
to my inner beauty
as if it were
my life preserver


I’ve learned that what people do to you
is a reflection of themselves and not you
how you reflect yourself is
how you honor the you that is true
And yes everyone is entitled to their opinion
but it shall not have dominion
over my existence


Because I exist
to fulfill my soul within
Their perception
is a mixture of half-true facts & curiosity
forming fiction
in their beliefs
But their beliefs
won’t define me
especially
when there weren’t there in lonely
periods
of myself learning my purpose


I’ve learned to let go &
fall deeper in love with myself
while God takes care of the rest
for He knows my heart & that it’s the best
which in me dwells I’ll manifest
wealth when I’ve passed this test
along with not giving into others opinions outside of it

By: D-Natural 

No comments:

Post a Comment