Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Keepin on Keep on.....(Part II)

What's up people?

I hope everyone out there is doin aight. If stuff aint goin your way, just keep on keepin on. Well I've made a little progress since my last blog. I have all the beats I need for my forthcoming EP. The difficult thing lately is finding the time to write my lyrics out and getting vocals recorded. One of the things I hate about my day job is exactly that, it really is a day job. I have no weekdays off at all, unless is a holiday. Every Monday through Friday, gotta be at the damn office. By the time I get home I don't feel like doin nothing sometimes. Then on Tuesdays and Thursday I have to attend choir rehearsal (which is a waste of time) immediately after work, so I get home even later. So really the only time to create and record is in the late evenings which really sucks. Most of the time, I'm most creative in the day time. I hate forcing the recording process and rushing it because it takes the organic essence of the music out. It's just not natural. I have managed to write some verses and come up with a couple of hooks for a couple of songs. However, I still have the rest of the EP to do. Hopefully, my time off for the Christmas Holidays will yield some completed songs. That will be ideal for me because my peeps will be outta town and I will have the house all to myself. Now I know what you are saying: Your not spending the Holidays with family? The answer is no, because being that I have to use my time wisely, I need to get it in when I can get it in. God willing, I can see family just about anytime, recording music ain't always a sure thing. I did the same thing this past November when it was Thanksgiving. I'm a loner anyway, I prefer to be by myself, especially when I'm creating and getting things recorded. Unless I'm doing a collaboration with someone, I prefer to work alone.

Another positive is one of the emcees I work with has relocated to Philadelphia for the time, which may be a good look for his career as an artist. He told me the other day that he has been doing shows and performing there. He always does the songs we did together. It's really nice to know people are rocking to my songs in Philly. That's very inspirational. He is also trying to get one of the songs that we did with 2 other emcees shot as a video. So hopefully that happens. I'll keep y'all posted...

Well back to this 9-5 I go, I'll holla at y'all later. Keep the faith. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment