Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keepin on Keepin on....

What's up folks!?

Well it's the middle of the week and almost the end of the year. I've been thinking about that alot and have been relentlessly researching how I am going to release all my music in the new year. I've decided not to drop the new EP untill the end of next month. I will probably release it on my birthday which is Jan. 25, if not then probably February. In the meantime it's gives me room to finish writing songs and work out the kinks on the EP. I've got my marketing/promotion plan down. I don't wanna get too caught up in every single detail as to how I'm going to get the word out about this project. I just wanna to work the avenues I've already set up which consist about 4 or 5 websites and that's it. I figure if I just focus all my time and energy into making these sites tight as hell aesthetically and load them with these fire hot tunes I got, I'll draw all the attention I need to make some impact. I'm making some progress on the business side in setting up my sites which all are under construction(just like this one). I've just been researching and schooling myself on the biz and how the game works. It's all like chess really. I'm gonna use the resources/talent/abilities I already have, and make wise decisions on moving the pieces with strategy. I'm really motivated and been doing my homework so y'all stay tuned. As for the music side of things, I pretty much got all the beats for this EP done. I'm gonna use the best of the stuff I did back between August through now of this year. When I was listening to those tracks, I was like "I can't find nobody to spit on these joints so I'm gonna do my best to do them justice lyrically just as I did them musically!" I just hope that I can match the vibe and the intensity that I had when I was doin those beats. So now with the beats made, my focus is just on writting the songs. I've been brainstorming what topics, concepts, wordplay/flow to put on each beat and how to order them so the EP is constantly bangin and cohesive. All this is really the progress that I have made thus far. I think I am off to a good start. The hard part is having to balance this with all the personal stuff I'm going through and remaining consistent. Like as far as some personal issues..... I got to get my own place to live by like beginning of summer. The deadline is already set as far as that goes, so it's just raising the funds to move out my peeps crib and staying out. I was homeless most of last year(long story),literally on the street, and I'm NOT going out like that again. So I gotta get that done.

Well until the next time, I'll give yall part 2 of this blog tomorrow. Peace and Hairgrease

No comments:

Post a Comment