Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What's up people!

This is kind of weird because I'm typing this blog knowing that perhaps no one will read it yet do to the fact that I just set up my blog yesterday and have no readers yet, hahahaha. Never the less, I'ma gonna still keep up with what I stated in the first blog, and let peeps in on the day to day business of me as a music producer and me as a person. I know eventually people will catch on, and for me this will be cool to look back on six months from now after I've made some considerable progress in this up coming new year. Gotta start somewhere right? Lol. Anyhoo........

Started laying the vocals on one of the tracks on my EP I will be releasing soon last night. It is supposed to be the intro track which will include me doin my spoken word poetry. After I laid the vocals down though, I started rethinking my approach to how my CD is gonna flow. It's always hard laying stuff down during the recording process because I tend to over analyze what I'm doin and if it will be well received. I'm really practicing on not overthinkin when I'm creating. I know that I don't want to over think my creative process because this EP is just a experiment and I'm gonna be trying things a little bit out of my comfort zone like MCing. I'm working on a way I can incorporate my spoken word poetry with MCing my lyrics. I know doing poetry and MCing is two different things, at the same time they are cousins to each other. I'm gonna see if I can come with a style that works for me and compliments the beats that I am going to be making for this project. It's gonna be a challenge but hey thats what makes good music if you pull it off. We'll see what I come up with. I was thinking up scrapping the beats I made for this project and coming up with some more that will be specifically be tailored to this style of vocals I'm gonna attempt to do. This simply means just allowing enough space on the instrumentals so that it doesn't clash with the wordplay of what I am doing. In fact, I think I'm gonna do that. I will probably keep 2 beats and make new ones for the rest of the songs. As soon I am done with the first song I will be sure to post it on here for all of you to hear. It is really gonna be a unique project, maybe innovative, who knows, right? I just know I am gonna give it my all and I will like you guys to be there every step of the way.

I got choir rehearsal tonite which is a drag cuz our choir really isn't all that and 1/3 of the band we have which is our organist really sucks. I'm playing drums, I started out at the beginning of the year playing 5 string bass but moved to drums after they got rid of the last drummer. I also jump on keys sometimes. The last drummer had an attitude with everything because the overall music ministry just sucked. I was happy to take his place though because that's when I started getting paid for my services. I hate going though because people who are apart of the choir really don't take it that seriously but it is what it is right? As soon as I'm done being a drone today I work, I basically have to go straight there. Personally I'd rather go home and start on these new beats for my project. That's why I hate working this 9-5 crap because it only gives me time to create in the late night hours and I ain't always that inspired by the time I get home. I'm determined though to get stuff done because I know the more I do, the more progress will be made. The more progress will be made, the better chances I have leaving this day job mess behind and making a living from my passion. Boy I can't wait for that day to come!!!

Well till the next blog, this D Natural saying peace and love. Out.....

1 comment:

  1. Anyhoooo..... U r so corney! LOL, Hey im the first to comment.

    ReplyDelete